TWRP is a custom recovery that has many useful features for install custom, backup and restore data, file manager, etc. On this post I'll show you how to install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon.
Before following the tutorial, make sure your device is unlock bootloader.
1. Download TWRP Cofface v3.0.3-0
This recovery base TWRP 7.0 support MIUI OTA and support disable boot verify.
2. Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Install Minimal ADB and Fasboot after download completed.
- Copy and Paste recovery.img file under directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Lauch Minimal ADB and Fastboot via desktop shortcut.
- Go to Settings → About Phone → tap several times MUI Version to enable Developer Options.
- Go to Settings → Additional settings → Developer options, immediately enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Switched off device and then press Power + Volume Down keys to enter Fastboot Mode.
- Connect device to PC using USB cable.
- On command prompt screen type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and then press Enter.
- Type fastboot reboot and then press Enter
- Your device will be reboot into TWRP Recovery Mode.