The bootloader status specifies the method of flashing Xiaomi phones. If the bootloader status is unlocked we can install ROM via Fastboot Mode, if locked via EDL Mode (Emergency Download Mode). There are 2 ways to check bootloader status as follows:
Fastboot ADB Commands
- Go to Fastboot Mode. Turn off device and press Volume Down + Power keys.
- Connect the device to PC.
- Type the command "fastboot devices" and press Enter. Make sure the device serial is detected. If not, install the Qualcomm driver on your Windows PC.
- Type the command "fastboot oem device-info" and press Enter. Refer to the "Device critical unlocked:" section. If true means your device's bootloader status is unlocked. See example below
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices 4e641811 fastboot C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem device-info ... (bootloader) Device tampered: false (bootloader) Device unlocked: true (bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true (bootloader) Charger screen enabled: true (bootloader) Display panel: OKAY [ 0.025s] finished. total time: 0.026s C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>
Settings Menu on Phone
- Turn on Device.
- Open Settings → About Phone.
- Tap seceral times MIUI Version for enable Developer Options.
- Open Settings → Additional Settings → Developer Options → MI Unlock Status.